Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Post... Lots Done Already!



Hi Everyone!

Well, this is my log and notebook for something I've wanted to do for a long time... build a Factory Five 1965 Cobra Replica. http://www.factoryfive.com/

I'll lay out my plan first. I'll be dismantling and using the guts from my 1985 Mustang. What a rusty POS! Fortunately, most of what I'll be using out of it is good. I'll have to do some refurbishing, but not too much. The one thing I won't be using is the rear axle, as I've opted for Factory Five's independent rear suspension option.

I've got the Mustang in the garage and about ready to sell or haul off, whatever the case may be. About the only thing left to do is yank out the engine and trans. I'll be glad to watch the carcass of the 'stang go away!
A hit list of recent things I've accomplished!
  • Arrived today-NEW OEM 2003 Cobra front control arms
  • Spindles, front brakes-removed
  • Gas tank-removed
  • Rear axle-removed and SOLD
  • Parking brake handle & cables-removed
  • Radiator-removed
  • Steering-removed
  • Pedal box-removed (that SUCKED!)
  • Other stuff that I can't remember right now-REMOVED!

No comments: