Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cobra Day!

It's cold. Cold, cold, cold. 26 degrees, in fact! You can see the mustang carcass on the side of the house, and the stand for the cobra body in the garage. I've been calling it the loft, just because it reminds me of my dorm room loft and essentially serves the same purpose!

Did we mention it's cold?
Here's Martin, our driver, and a heck of a nice guy. Not a great sense of time, but a really nice man.


Inside the special truck. See the red thing up top? They use it to lift the body, move it down the truck, and then lower it onto a dolly.




See there's the dolly, and my very happy husband!



And here's where they are pulling the body out.




Now you can see they whole thing. There's that red arm part again, lowering it.






Rolling into the garage.


They said the instruction manual is located in box #1 (of many, many boxes!). That seems good.





Gen wasn't sure what we were doing, but she was interested all the same!
Mike, Cole and Micah came over to see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the kit. How many were left on the truck after yours? I got a call from Martin several days ago that said he would be up in Chicago this Saturday. (after reading your comments, I'm not holding my breath). Factory Five said mine was the third kit on the truck, so it should be the third from last off. Good luck!

Monica said...

I have one jealous husband looking at your pictures. Have fun the the "instruction manual"!!